The Big Play is a major online celebration of the music making that happens on a daily basis through partnerships between schools and Music Services.
You can view all 160 films submitted to the Big Play on our YouTube channel
In March 2020 schools from across the West Midlands created a short film ‘One Minute of Music’ to celebrate the amazing things that happen with music in schools every week. The focus in 2020 will be First Access programmes (you might know them as WCIT, WCET, Wider opportunities). On Friday 27th March 2020 100s of films were profiled on our YouTube channel.
This is a great way of celebrating:
- Music at your school
- Music as an integral part of your creative curriculum offer
- Evidencing music making on a wider regional platform
- Evidencing a creative curriculum for inspections/Governors
- All pupils will be rewarded with a sticker for taking part
All 14 Music Services / Music Education Hubs worked in partnership with schools on the project – ensuring media permissions are in place, supporting with planning and creating a film, uploading and sharing the film with West Midlands Music.
If you are a school and are interested in future Big Play events:
- Speak to your whole class music teacher or your Music Service for further details
- Plan and create your ‘One Minute of Music’ film with pupils and staff, using our guide if helpful
- Get creative and celebrate music in your school!
- Share the film with West Midlands Music – your Music Service / Music Education Hub can share details of how to do this.